11 February, 2011

the flossy, flossy




Shirt/Jacket: Gap, Skirt: H&M, Sweater/leggings: Target, Boots: Nordstrom

My life is so glamorous. I just wanted to sing Good Life by Kanye West all day. First of all, 8 o'clock class? Cancelled. Yummy tea and pastry-type-breakfast? Check. Run at the gym? Mm Yes. Reacquaint myself with this jacket I got three years ago? Don't mind if I do. I don't know why I always fight with myself over this jacket every winter. I think it's because it's brown and it just feels like a lot of brown. Then I put it on, and I am warm and feelin' classy and I remember, oh yes, I bought you on sale. Love rekindled. This morning was fabulous and aside from the rain and my hatred for piece-of-crap cheap umbrellas it continues to be a wonderful afternoon.
 Also, literally the day 30x30 challenge started, I got a birthday card in the mail from Victoria's Secret with a $10 off your next purchase card only good through the month of February, I am having a little bit of a dilemma. I asked Brandilyn, and she said I should just do it -- we think lingerie shouldn't count, ha! What do you think? Am I cheating? Please let me off the hook on this one. 
As for my pastry-type-breakfast, I actually had them for the first time when I was in India. There is some really confusing Tamil word for them but I just call them "Banana Balls." Essentially, it's fried banana bread. I'm sure there is no nutritional value but they are the perfect treat with tea (and I really miss good, Indian, chai tea). Here's the recipe.


Wanna know something neat!? I found out that one of my 30x30 outfits was on Modcloth's Tumblr! How cool! I didn't even enter it in anything (which kind of creeps me out a little, but is mostly just fun)!


Why my man is the best man #8
Last night when I was upset, he came over, wrapped me completely in his arms, and just let me cry and talk. He knows how emotional/sensitive I can be sometimes, and how I just need someone to tell me it's going to be alright.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Absolutely, positively adorable outfit.
    2. I'm experiencing jacket envy.
    3. Congrats on class being canceled--that happened to me on Wednesday and I was thrilled.

    Good luck as your 30 continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandilyn, my looks are becoming a problem. (Wait, have you seen Almost Famous?)

    S, thank you! good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I am so loving your cardigan! The man sounds very sweet indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Absolutely, positively adorable outfit.
    2. I'm experiencing jacket envy.
    3. Congrats on class being canceled--that happened to me on Wednesday and I was thrilled.

    Good luck as your 30 continues!

    ReplyDelete