13 August, 2012

Blackberry Sangria


A couple weeks ago we went to Outback Steakhouse and they had this amazing Blackberry Sangria. I tried finding recreations of the drink to no avail. So, I took a crack at it from what I knew of their version and it came out pretty tasty. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 bottle (750 ml) Jacobs Creek Moscato
1.5 cups Raspberry Vodka
20 oz can Pineapple slices (in pineapple juice!)
3.5 cups blackberries (about)
1 cup raspberries
1 large lemon
1 green apple
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp's corn starch (optional)


Directions:

1. Make the blackberry syrup.
        - Put 2 ¼ cups of blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan (+ corn starch if
           you want the syrup a bit thicker!)
        - Boil for 2-3 until sugar is dissolved.
        - Simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
        - Using a colander drain the syrup into a bowl pressing down on the chunks to get the most juice.
            (I put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to cool while I was cutting the fruit.)
        - I also saved the fruit chunk parts because I figure it'll taste good on pancakes


2. Cut up the apple and lemon (I used the whole lemon and about 3/4 of the apple).


3. Pour the Moscato and Vodka into a pitcher.


4. Add 1 cup of the pineapple juice from the canned slices, add the blackberry syrup (it came out to about 1/2 cup so I just used it all), and throw in the apples, lemons, pineapples (from the can), raspberries, and blackberries.



5. Let the drink sit in the fridge for about 2 hours.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was pretty tasty, let me know what you think if you try it!

      Delete
  2. And on opposite sides of the ocean, we're both helping the world... one sweet (alcoholic) summer drink at a time. http://sweetlemonmag.blogspot.no/2012/08/how-to-make-limoncello.html MISS YOU! And cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aud, I just read your recipe! It looks SO yummy, I'll have to make some soon :)

      Delete
  3. Im making it right now... I let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, i hope it was to your liking! Let me know if you made any changes!

      Delete
  4. I am so addicted to outback's blackberry sangria! Curious to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! It was about 3 weeks after I had tried the Outback version that I attempted to make it so I wasn't very sure how close it was in taste but I thought it tasted good! :)

      Delete
  5. I made this for Christmas dinner, and it is wonderful. Thanks for testing. Buying fresh raspberries and blackberries was cost prohibitive since they are out of season. Alternatively, I used frozen and turned out just great. Thanks so much. Wendy Sharpe

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you do with the pineapple slices???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristina, I think I may have sliced up a few and stuck them in as well but we also eat pineapple so I mainly bought it for the pineapple juice - it was so much cheaper than buying an actual bottle of pineapple juice (that can get pricey!)

      Delete
  7. I made this last weekend and it was awesome! I too had loved this at Outback and had trouble finding "blackberry syrup" so thanks so much for posting the full recipe!! Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made this a few times now and everyone always loves it...it has become my "requested" item to bring to potlucks, etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! That's awesome! I love hearing that :)

      Delete