27 November, 2012

A military photo shoot


Well, sorry for the photo dump. We got our pictures back and I love them! I think that first one is going on a wall.

I tried to do a themed shoot. I wanted a little vintage military flair.  The dress is a 1960s original (and I think it was hand made as there is no tag). I was hoping for a sixties vibe but I've heard everything from 1920s to 1940s - at least it looks like a different era to some degree, right?

I like the idea of having these photos for posterity. So when (if) we have kids they can look back and see that we did this. Dan did this. He served his country and he was really proud to do it.

It would be nice to find photos of family who served during their lives as well - there is this one I remember, it's just a snapshot, of my grandfather in his navy uniform with a duffel bag tossed over his shoulder.

Anyway, I'm so happy with how these turned out. Dan looks so good in that uniform.

12 comments:

  1. sitting on my couch crying right now, really these are just so beautiful and there is nothing better than seeing someone you love so much be so happy. omg this month's PMS has been a doozy. these are gorgeous, rach. every time i scrolled down i was like, "no, this one's my favorite!!" they're even better than you were picturing! i love love love them and i'm so proud of dan (even though i barely know him and i'm probably known around your house as your crazy mormon friend with the kid).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bran! You are most definitely known as the crazy friend with a kid (mormon's got nothing to do with it)! Haha, no but really, you are known and loved in this house.

      Delete
  2. You're adorable. I totally get '60s. And Daniel looks as handsome as I've ever seen him... but you're easily the CUTEST in that hat. :-) Love it all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone is on the same 60s wavelength with me! :)

      Delete
  3. These are so sweet, esp. the picture of you wearing Dan's hat. Also, B. asked, "Who is this again?" and I said, " My cousin," and he said, "Wow, a family member who actually looks like she could be related to you." Then I chuckled because he's actually right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Is it because we're white? I will take looking like you any day, gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Aw these are way too cute! Love them! Especially the ones with you wearing his hat. Too precious.
    xx Natalia

    http://elantheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! We are pretty pleased with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo cute!!! I get the 60's vibe, it all looks so Jackie-O!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel! I just got done checking out your blog and just wanted to say that I LOVED this post. You guys really make such a cute couple and I agree with the comments above, these photos do have a rustic vibe. Being that you are a military wife, I had a quick question and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! I couldn't find an email address to get ahold of you. My email is rach.burkhart@gmail.com if you would like to email me directly :)

      Thanks!

      Delete