10 October, 2011

I don't think they make a 'sorry your dodgeball coach just got crushed by two tons of irony' Hallmark card





Things don't always go as planned. The best laid intentions yada yada yada. 
It's my Fall break and we had planned to go on a little romantic getaway to South Carolina. 
One night, boats on a lake, bed and breakfast... but things change. 
We adapt. 
Long story short: I got into a fender bender (my fault) on Friday. The front end of my car looks like it lost a fight. Pretty badly. 
The ironic part is (and if I am using the word ironic wrong, forgive me) is that I was on my way to pick up Daniel while his car was in the shop. He needs new tires but since my car issues became a little more pressing than his, we switched our cars out. Tires will have to wait. 
So, romantic trip got cancelled due to unforeseen expenditures. 
Unfortunately, adapting isn't my strong suit. 
But Dan is great at it and he went out of his way to make this weekend a good one and I love him for it. 
Park, steak dinner, and a camp out in the living room. 
He's the best. 

3 comments:

  1. a) you're using irony correctly. yay!
    b) i'm terrible at adapting, too. i like things to follow the plans i put in place. because anticipation is half the fun. and if i've been anticipating the wrong thing... well, that's just lame. and jon is beautiful at it. go figure.
    c) i love the wine label and the cork. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, hooray for using irony correctly! I always hate when people use it interchangeably with like coincidence or a "that just sucks" moment. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, you're so funny! You look so pretty in the picture of you in the woods :)

    ReplyDelete