20 November, 2010

I Need a Change

I have found myself in a fashion slump. At one point in my life, not even that long ago, I liked my clothes. There were other people who liked my clothes, one of my friends even gave the great compliment of saying "I want to dress like you." Lately, nothing in my closet peaks my interest. I have way too many articles of clothing of which I probably wear 20 pieces regularly. The worst part is, I keep buying cheap clothes that I like for a second and then proceed to add them to the monstrosity that is my closet where they will remain on their hangers until I randomly decide to try one of them on, dislike it, take it off, and toss it to the floor. I haven't yet reached the title of hoarder but it's not outside of the realm of possibility. My dislike for the contents of my closet seems to have come overnight. I realized that about 2/3 of what i have in my closet I've had for 3-4 years, well 4 years ago I was 18. My taste in clothing has vastly changed since  my teenage years as has my body. Someone once told me that one day I wouldn't be able to shop in the Juniors department and I think that day has come. Which is a bummer because Juniors clothing is way cheaper than Women's clothing. So I've made a decision: I'm getting rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. Yesterday I purged my closet of things that a) don't fit, b) I haven't worn in 6 months - 1 Year, and c) things I just don't like anymore. I'm pretty sure this is about half of my closet, about 30+ pieces. A few were well loved, some worn only once or twice, others never used. I'll be taking them back to California to see if I can sell any at Buffalo Exchange otherwise I'll just give them away. I wish this coincided with a influx of funds to revamp my wardrobe but for right now I think that getting rid of things I don't use is therapeutic. Plus side, my closet looks way more organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment