28 January, 2011

great morning.

Yesterday I was supposed to be studying for a world geography quiz but I got bored rather quickly and so I made banana nut bread. We have had two bananas sitting on top of our microwave browning. I kept thinking that I needed to make the bread but never found the time. Obviously, study time is the perfect time for baking. I suck at geography but I have perfected this banana nut bread. The trick, my sister Julia once told me, is to add cinnamon -- and lots of it. I only end up putting in about 1.5 teaspoons but it does the trick! So, this morning after my geography quiz (that I'm pretty sure I aced!) I am sitting down to a piping hot cup of Darjeeling tea and a slice of banana nut bread while I read a book on the Korean War -- which is surprisingly not as boring as it sounds, but I love history so I may be biased. Oh! Also, do you want to know how knowing lyrics to Beatles songs can help you study for a geography quiz? No, it's not Back in the U.S.S.R. It was The Ballad of John and Yoko! I had no clue where the Gibraltar Straight was so I looked it up and found out that Gibraltar is right below Spain, and we all know 

"'You can get married in Gibraltar near Spain.' Christ you know it ain't easy, you know how hard it can be. The way things are going, their gonna crucify me."

This is the only time in my life I have been happy about Yoko. And yes, I know I was born in 1988. 
Seriously, walnuts are my favorite part.
Perfection. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment