24 March, 2011

taking care of business


This is my life right now. 
I have a deadline for a first draft of my paper due in about a week and a half and so far I have about 2 paragraphs -- I need 20 pages. A little behind is an understatement. I think I just got so caught up in the research aspect that I didn't realize my time was running short. 

Oh, and that oversized chair you see behind me? Yesterday I decided I wanted that chair out of the office and into the living room -- probably should've waited until Dan got home to help, my back surely would've appreciated it. But see, I have a bit of a complex. I grew up in a house with all girls; I have three sisters. My dad always needed help carrying the heavy things around the house or putting things up in the closet for storage and who do you think got enlisted to help? The softball playing, muscular-armed daughter. That would be me. I was nicknamed "the boy" in the family. Talk about psychological issues, if Dan catches me trying on his clothes one more time I think he might leave me -- just kidding, I don't do that. But seriously, people think I'm much weaker than I am. So, yesterday I got to work moving the big chair into the living room and it took about 15 minutes just to situate it out the door of the office -- all that and now it just looks kinda awkward in the living room. Dan got home; he looked at it, looked at me and I raised my hands and said, "I don't want to talk about it."
I think we'll leave it right where it is for now. 


Alright, I have to get back to work now. That twenty page paper won't write itself. Stop distracting me!


p.s. I got that cropped sweater from Guess as a gift from my sister-in-law. I love it! So cute and comfy, perfect for a sunny, breezy day like today. 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog on the Mod Squad group! :) Good luck with your research paper, 20 pages sounds like a nightmare! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, lovely! It's a great topic, just a lot of work :)

    ReplyDelete