10 April, 2011

parades always remind me of drop dead gorgeous


Every time I go to a parade I half expect to see Hank with his overalls stuck in the car and a big swan float, "Yep, this is how I always imagined it, choking on swan gas." But usually parades are about, maybe, an hour. The azalea festival parade? 3. Hours. Long. We only stayed for about an hour and a half because it was freezing and we still saw at least 10 different beauty queens representing different pageants. That's a lot of queens. "The swan ate my baby!" Also, I hope you noticed all the celebrities that attended our festival --  only the best for the Azalea festival (and by best I mean people I've never heard of). And now the parents Burkhart are trying to get the heck outta dodge. We had a blast with them and can't wait for more family to come out and visit, friends are welcome too :) 

2 comments:

  1. The clowns are total creepers. My favorite queen is the one with the short brown hair and the maroon car. And... wait... there was a real live elephant? Okay. North Carolina parades kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally a real live elephant! AND there were tigers in a cage -- they were angry and scary and I didn't get a good picture of them. The circus was in town for the festival, we didn't end up going to one of the shows but they participated in the parade!

    ReplyDelete