08 April, 2011

wilmington with the burkharts


Yesterday we visited the Battleship North Carolina. Which was great until we went below deck and I started to feel like I was on the Titanic and water was going to come flooding through the hallways and I would be stuck behind the cage door being told by some jerk of an attendant to "go back to the main stairwell" because, let's face it, I am not going to be in first class on the Titanic. Titanic has given me a complex -- terror when below deck on a ship and the odd assurance that someone painting you nude is utterly romantic and not incredibly awkward. Then we went to the beach and walked around for a while, enjoyed the beautiful view, and played in the sand. Vacations are great, even when they are not mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Andrea Rose StimmelApril 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM

    I love all the pictures of the ocean!! I know it's not the Pacific, but it still makes me miss California. This freezing and gloomy lake I live by just doesn't work for me.

    And I also get panicky when on a boat like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the ocean here is beautiful though I do miss California!

    ReplyDelete