13 February, 2012

Tunes

I've always known that music influences me greatly.
I've been feeling a little less than enthralled with where I am in my interactions with God. I just get really overwhelmed with school and life and I forget. Sure, prayers are tossed up and I go to church on Sunday but I've just been distracted lately. I go through phases like this, but when I recognize it I need to change something. 

So, this morning I decided to compile a CD of worship songs that I enjoy (because sometimes the snob in me wonders if Christian musicians know more than three chords. Ya, I know, snob - that's one of the reasons I need Jesus, ha!) and I listened to it while in the car today, which was approximately 1.5 hours, and it had an impressive impact on my day. Most obviously, I didn't yell at the crazy drivers that I encountered. I was too busy singing along :)

Here's the playlist (they're good)

Arise, My Soul, Arise - Brian Cheney
Before the Throne - Shane & Shane
Carried to the Table - Leeland
From the Inside Out - Hillsong
Revolutionaries - Bethany Dillon
Hosanna - Hillsong United
Hallelujah - Bethany Dillon
Tears of the Saints - Leeland
Nothing but the Blood - Jadon Lavik
Wedding Dress - Derek Webb
Mighty to Save - Hillsong United
Sound of Melodies - Leeland
Embracing Accusations - Shane & Shane
Imagination - Bethany Dillon

Check em out, loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment