08 March, 2013

Home is wherever I'm with you


We drove into Livermore yesterday. It's bittersweet. It signifies the end of something. The end of what I'm not sure. The beginning of our marriage? It doesn't really feel like that's over. It's still so new to us in our third year. 

It's also the beginning of something else, though. I'm still hearing back from law schools and Dan is applying for jobs. Things will shake out and we'll get back into a routine. 

We are really blessed to have parents who let us crash their houses. We're currently staying with mine and it is great to be near family again. 

I already miss my friends in Wilmington. I miss the little community and life Dan and I created over there. 

Change is good, though. People adapt. We are resilient creatures. 

1 comment:

  1. welcome home!! i heard somewhere that you're a newlywed for the first 5 years. i like that. plus, david and i are almost at that mark and i feel like we're still figuring it all out.

    change is hard. i know you two will thrive anywhere you go, though! i'm so excited to see what the next few years hold for you. i just know you're doing great things. love you, rachey!

    ReplyDelete