13 October, 2014

Sounds like hallelujah for the first time

1. I've been listening to the Head and the Heart on, like, repeat since my dad told me about them over the summer (he's very in the know). I had heard one or two songs on my Civil Wars pandora station but finally put a face to the sound and haven't stopped.

2. Does anyone else feel like lipstick is only for mythical people who have an incredible skin tone with which any lip color looks fantastic and not garish or clownish? Well, I was with you until I found out that lipsticks come in a berry color. At first I was like, what? But then I bought it and tried it on and was like, ahhh. Nailed it.


3. In the last month I have also dispelled the idea that I could not layer with sweaters. I'm short and curvy and it always just ended up looking frumpy. But then I randomly bought a cropped sweater from Target (of course, always), and layered it over a dress and all my layering dreams come true. Shorties: cropped sweaters were made for us. A whole new world is now open.


4. I've been playing with makeup lately. It's fun and I love it in a way I have never loved makeup before. My favorite has been attempting the dewy look which sounds gross but looks cool.

5. Also, along the make-up lines I found two things that I have only been using for a few days but I love them. The first is e.l.f. lip exfoliator (my lips get so chapped all the time and that little exfoliating lipstick is magic). The second is Botanics hydrating night cream all bright. It smells divine and it makes my skin so soft -- like soft until I wake up. THIS IS WHY I CAN'T GO TO TARGET ANYMORE.


6. I really really really want black booties. I gave into the ankle boot last fall but stuck with browns/tans and now I think I'm ready for black. See 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. But, apparently I have expensive taste so I'll probably end up with these but really my favorite is option 1. Maybe I'll save my pennies.

7. I have so many exciting trips/things coming up in the next 45 days I can't stand it.

8. I am so so so blessed with the friends in my life. Things have been rough lately. Just a lot of shitty things all piling up at once #vaguepost. But I have friends in my life that take care of me and look out for me when they know I need a shoulder. I've been extraordinarily lucky to make some amazing friends in my life. Most are from home, childhood and high school, but in both Wilmington and here in DC, God has placed people in my life that I needed more than anything and I am so grateful for girlfriends.

9. School sucks.

xoxo, suckas.

2 comments:

  1. OKAY. A lot of things to comment on here. Your dad being "very in the know" made me laugh really hard, because I could picture you saying it and it was funny. Berry lipstick is a big HELL YEAH. Berry lipstick is my spirit animal. I'm also obsessed with black booties right now and want these F21 ones: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=f21&category=shoes_boots&ProductID=2000119960 ...I've been wanting a moto bootie to fulfill all my rebel fantasies (while I run errands with my kid in Idaho, ha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could just be in my life everyday when I say funny things and laugh with me I would be the happiest girl in the world.

    ReplyDelete