Holy crap, day 21 is here. What?! The end is so near, which is crazy. There is just over a week left -- the last day of Whole30 coincides with my last day of classes (and that feels way too fast) so the challenge seems somewhat secondary and it prevents me from focusing too much on it. I just do it and that's been working for me. Anyway, some things about this past week:
1. I made some diy Larabar carrot cake bars (more like circles) and they are super tasty -- probably more than the actual bar -- and they were way cheaper. Score.
2. We ate out twice this week. Once when my sister came and once with friends. It wasn't too hard. I found things I was able to eat but it will be nice when I don't have to worry about every. single. sauce. ingredient. WHO CARES IF THEY USE WHITE WINE IN THE SAUCE. IT BURNS OFF. But whatever. I did it and it was fine.
3. Went to the gym for the first time since I started the challenge. It had been a good while since I had run so that was a little rough, but it felt good. I felt super sore the next two days so, that was new.
4. I made my own italian meatballs! Threw em in the spaghetti squash (btw crockpot spaghetti squash is life changing. so much easier).
5. I ventured into the world of coconut milk whipped cream. IT IS LIFE. I whipped that stuff up and dolloped some onto my strawberries and just munched in my own little heaven for a while.
7. Almond breaded baked chicken strips. That's all.
8. Fruit it killing me. Literally. I've always known I had a major sensitivity to bananas (but I would eat them anyway because they are so good). But now, it feels like every piece of fruit I eat results in a major stomach ache. Whyyyy.
9. On my calendar for November 25 I have "eat some cheese." That's all I want to do. Maybe a little sip of wine, too.