05 February, 2013

Curse you, sourdough.


I've been cooking a lot lately (and by a lot I mean averaging twice a week). Cajun chicken alfredo, enchiladas, meatloaf, I even made an apple pie from scratch for Dan's birthday*. We have had a ton of leftovers but instead of eating those for lunch I make salami sandwiches with sourdough bread. It tastes like heaven.

Every time, every time, I make that uummMmhh noise that you make when something tastes incredible. Add some sour cream & onion chips and you've got yourself a date. With me. It'll be terribly interesting and you'll get a sandwich.

Guys, we're moving in t-minus 23 days! Our destination is yet to be determined but we're out of here none-the-less. It's happening. #Boom.


*Dan came home early on his birthday - he always calls when he's on his way home - and I asked why he left early. He said, "I told everyone that you were making me dinner and I had to get home to enjoy it. They were all very excited for me!" Apparently they all know that I don't cook too often. 

5 comments:

  1. Where do you go if you don't know where you're going?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll head back to Livermore if nothing pops up in the mean time. We're driving through the southern states. We're hoping that a miracle happens and fast ;)

      Delete
    2. Ah! Best wishes to you both. I know how hard the JD job hunt can be.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the move and all that comes with that! Sounds stressful!!!! p.s. I love sourdough too. Y-U-M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am hoping it goes smoothly and that everything falls into place. Fingers crossed!

      Delete