06 October, 2010

going home :)

The old adage is "Home is Where the Heart Is," and I totally agree with this in theory. RI has been great and the fact that Dan and I were together made the time go by faster than had we been alone, and I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to get back to North Carolina. (It is doubly odd that I even consider North Carolina as home since I've spent more time here in Newport than I have in Wilmington.)
In my mind home is:
*where our super comfortable bed is
*where the rest of my clothes are
*where our couch is
*where our kitchen is (stove, refrigerator, and all)
*where my future job is
*where my future school is
*where my cat will be in just a few short months!
The list goes on but you get the idea. I'm super excited to get back. I'm even looking forward to the 13+ hour drive to get there. I get where the writer
was going when they said "Home is Where the Heart Is," but they obviously weren't cramped in a tiny hotel room for two and a half months. James Taylor had it right when he said "In my mind I'm going to Carolina..."

Teeny, tiny room in Newport, RI

Our Kitchen in Wilmington (This is what we missed the most)

3 comments:

  1. Rachel - Do you need a cat? I have one that you can have. She's an adorable kitten that was in my garage when I got home from vacation in August. So she's about 4 months old and needs a good family--like YOU. She can go home with you in January. Yes?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I would LOVE a kitten but we're already bringing Houston home after Christmas and I'm not sure what Dan would say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - Do you need a cat? I have one that you can have. She's an adorable kitten that was in my garage when I got home from vacation in August. So she's about 4 months old and needs a good family--like YOU. She can go home with you in January. Yes?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete