08 December, 2011

present


My first present for Dan is wrapped and under the Christmas tree. Seriously, I think I might like giving gifts more than I like receiving them. And that's saying something because I really love opening presents! 
Oh! AND I MADE THAT TREE SKIRT! Yep, just gave myself a little pat on the back.

p.s. Funny story about Christmas gifts: 
One year Julia and I came home from school and, since all our friends had talked about these things called Christmas lists, we made our very first Christmas lists. We had never heard of such a thing and excitedly ran to the first parent we could find upon completing the lists. Dad happened to be the lucky recipient and we gleefully handed him our carefully curated, adolescent Christmas lists. He looked at them and then said: "Now girls, gifts are from the giver." Essentially saying that gifts are not something we ask for but are given from love. That was okay, we thought. Lesson learned: no Christmas lists for the Herrington girls. 
Flash forward about eight years. Dad comes home and says "All right girls, I'm gonna need some Christmas lists so I know what to get you!" 
We looked at him appalled. "Dad, gifts are from the giver!"

No comments:

Post a Comment